- Reading – This week I finished reading Book of Sith, started and finished the Imperial Handbook, and just started The Bounty Hunter Code today. I finished Aftermath: Empire’s End. Keeping up with Star Wars and Philosophy (on Chapter 14), The Beginner’s Guide to Insight Meditation (on Chapter 9), Scourge (should finish tomorrow), and Dune (up to date with book club schedule…about 43% of the way through the book).
- Crash Course – I watched three episodes of World History: 13-Islam, the Quran, and the Five Pillars; 14-The Dark Ages…How Dark Were They, Really?; and 15-The Crusades – Pilgrimage or Holy War?.
- Language – I watched four episodes of La Pimpa, and read two chapters (six pages) of Pinocchio. I am starting to memorize the song for La Pimpa too…it’s just a short little children’s song, but it never hurts to start a habit of singing along to Italian songs.
♫Quando il sole sale su
Alto in cima al cielo blu
L’orologio fa cucù
E nessuno dorme più
E la Pimpa corre e va
In campagna o in città
E di certo scopirà
Qualche nuova novità♫
- Calories in/out: 8400/15775 – 7,375 Deficit…honestly the calories in are probably a little off, but because I have been coming up short most days this week, and I really need to adjust for that. I am only eating one big meal per day right now, but I need to squeeze more protein into one or more of the small meals. I keep munching on pepperoni at night after working out…which is not the best thing.
- Weight Loss – 0….grrrrrr…scale does not matter….scale does not matter…scale does not matter……
- Workout – Thursday marked the end of the fourth week of doing the arm exercises I have been doing, so I decided to add an alternating set. The original set focused primarily on the anterior delts, so I created a set to focus on the biceps (in and out curls), triceps (overhead tricep extensions), and more on the posterior delts (bent over row) (my anterior delts are solid right now, I definitely need some balance). I figure I can alternate between the two arm sets on different days. I am also going to switch up lower body exercises on those days. I have not been doing a lot on legs, cause cardio does a good deal (I actually have a few Zumba songs that I call calf or thigh songs because the respective areas are burning by the time I finish them), but I still do a little. So instead of squats on Bicep/Tricep/P.Delts day, I will do calf raises in three positions. This week I did three days of each set. Also, on my chest presses, I think this is the last week I am going to be able to use my current weights, but I do not have a weight above them…I might have to raid my father’s weight room. As of Saturday I am in the fourth week since I started doing Zumba again. I am really hoping the four week rule holds true and I start seeing some results, cause so far my size has not been doing much budging. I found a few of my missing Zumba songs from the video games, so I have done some rearranging and swapping of songs in my routine. I should be good with the current line up for a couple weeks, but I will continue to change the routine as I become to comfortable with it.
- Diet – I did really good most of the week…but on Thursday my father offered me Portillos…it made me feel sick the rest of the day. That is the problem with eating really clean, when you indulge in some not so clean favorites, you tend to regret it. People think I am crazy for not eating steak or most fast foods anymore, but honestly, I really do not want to feel the way I know I will feel after eating it.
- Meditation – Still averaging two times a day, I just shifted from doing one before bed to doing a headspace meditation after my shower. What I really need is to work in a morning/afternoon meditation.
- I have also been watching youtube videos of the Dali Lama this week. I wanted to watch one a day, but some of them are ridiculously long, between the length and listening through him struggling with the language, I tend to lose focus. I may have to just set myself a time limit per day and watch a little of each video each day.