To begin with, I was not the one who came up with this idea. I am not sure I would have ever come up with the idea of a cruise on my own, but it is a damn good idea.
I looked at a few different cruise lines (Royal Caribbean, Princess, Carnival, and MSC), and the best I came up with was Royal Caribbean. I did not specify dates, which would effect cost, but overall, just pricing individually, I came up with a cruise to the Bahamas at $129-$200 per person for three nights. Four nights was only about $10 more, but I could understand difficulty with schedules. I will include just to be thorough. These prices are based on my original search, prices may fluctuate. These prices include all meals, so this is less than or comperable with the most recent Gathering.
3-nights Bahamas – $134/person – Departs from Miami, stops in Nassau and CocoCay.
4-nights Bahamas – $149/person – Departs from Miami, stops in Nassau, CocoCay, and Key West.
Things To Do On Board:
- Rock Climbing – 40ft
- Flowrider (Surfing) – Private lessons additional fee
- Ice Skating
- Fitness Center
- Fitness Classes – Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, ecc. (Some classes additional fee)
- Mini Golf
- Sports Court
- Running Track
- Inline Skating
- Scaba – additional fee
- Complimentary entertainment and live music
- Daily Brunch
- Three Whirlpools
Things to do in Nassau:
- Only swimming with the dolphins was mentioned specifically, as well as the beaches
Things to do in CocoCay:
- Jet Ski Rentals
- Nature Walks
- Wave Runner
Now, as I mentioned, the rates were based on individual rates, or for up to four rooms. There are group rates available, I would just have to actually speak with a representative and have specific dates to acquire those, however some interesting group information based on their FAQ section:
- Payment can be made by the organizer, or individually.
- Eight stateroom (16 guest) minimum for group discount
- Deposit due 30 days after reserving the space, final payment due 75 days prior to sailing
- Dining arrangements can be made (so that we all dine together)
- Various activities can be arranged for the group (scavenger hunts, private shore excursions, karaoke, trivia, cocktail parties, private dinners, rock climbing time, ecc)
- Complimentary use of state-of-the-art conference rooms and most lounges